The Company Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Company Clan Forums

Clan Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tank Weak Spots

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
=[C]=BurntoutHippie
Diplomatic Asshole!
=[C]=BurntoutHippie

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Tank Weak Spots Empty
PostSubject: Tank Weak Spots   Tank Weak Spots Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Somtimes, welllll.....quite often you will shoot a tank and do no damage, you may have a bigger gun and a bigger tank and still do no damage. The game is set up so that you have to hit certain "hit boxes" or weak spots in the tanks. The more ammo you expend the less money and experience you get at the end of the round.

The link below is a list of the weak spots on the tanks. It looks just like the tech tree in game. Just click the nation at the top and then click the tank you are looking for. The pics will show you where the best places to shoot the tanks are. This isn't much good for using arty but it's excellent for those of you in tanks. It will also explain a lot of what may be presumed as hacks. some tanks have massive amounts of armor in the front and paper thin armor on the sides and back, some are just weak all the way around but pack massive fire power. so use the link below to help you make money and credits.

If you use a 105mm gun every round you fire costs you 1000 credits to replace at the end of the round. So this WILL HELP YOU A LOT. Click the tank then click the Vulnerability tab at the bottom and the weak spots and critical spots are color coded

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-Hippie
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Zapicles

=[C]=Zapicles

Number of posts : 1622
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Tank Weak Spots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Weak Spots   Tank Weak Spots Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks for the post Mkke.. Good to know....

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
=[C]=BurntoutHippie
Diplomatic Asshole!
=[C]=BurntoutHippie

Tank Weak Spots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Weak Spots   Tank Weak Spots Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 am

I posted this cuz it sux to make 20,000 credits in a round and spend 40,000 to refill your ammo. If you hit tanks in the right places you can take them out easy. A good example would be the IS-7, that fucker is impossible to damage with a frontal shot, even with my 122mm on my T-28 Prototype TD, But i can take that fucker out in three shots if i get behind him. The red highlights are the most vulnerable places to hit the tanks.

A good strategy though is that if you don't have the firepower to hurt them then track em. For instance an EZ8 Sherman won't dent some of the heavy tanks, so instead of wasting ammo on them shoot em in the tracks and spot em for arty to take out. If you blow their tracks off then they are sitting ducks for arty. Remember kills will not get you experience in this game, i don't care if you get 10 kills in a round, i can put 3 well placed rounds in a tank and make more money and experience points than your 10 kills will make, it's the amount of damage you do that counts in this game not kills.

Also you make more money and credits for taking the enemy base than you do for killing all of the enemy tanks. You get credit and XP for spotting and you get money and XP for helping to kill a tank so don't try to go it alone stay close to back up and also be the back up. If you're in a turretless tank destroyer, find a hiding spot close to the arty and guard the arty. The scout tanks from the enemy team will try to get the arty every round, stick close and take out the scouts. If you don't have a turret sit back and camp and wait for them to come to you, don't jump the gun, if you expose yourself too soon they can outrun you and get behind you and then your fucked. Tracking a tank will give you time to get another shot off usually, unless you have an asshole like me that carries repair kits Smile

Anyone in the clan playing add me to your friend list so we can platoon up sometime. I haven't played much lately cuz i got tired of it since i played like 12 hours a day while i was unemployed. but i started up again tonight so hit me up. also the rest of you leave your names here so i can add you to my list. My ingame name is Burntouthippie, don't have the tags on until i get a clan going in this game.

-Hippie
Back to top Go down
=[C]=BurntoutHippie
Diplomatic Asshole!
=[C]=BurntoutHippie

Tank Weak Spots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Weak Spots   Tank Weak Spots Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:25 am

Oh and one last thing. If you look in the top left corner you'll see the menu button. Click Menu, then Settings and when the settings menu opens Click the Game tab. look down the left side of that menu and you'll see a Battle Recording box. Check that box and the game will automatically record your battles. So if you think you encountered a hacker then you have a video of it to submit to the devs.

And Mario, just to let you know, if you run across someone you think is hacking DO NOT post their name on the WoT site, they will ban you for that. If you post any ingame pics on that site ALWAYS black out the players names even if you're congratulating a team NEVER post their ingame names those Russian bastards are strict about that.

-Hippie
Back to top Go down
docabn

docabn

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-18

Tank Weak Spots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Weak Spots   Tank Weak Spots Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks Mike. Very helpful for the most part. What would it take to start =[C]= in WOT?
Back to top Go down
=[C]=MARIO=[C]=
Lord of The Bans
=[C]=MARIO=[C]=

Number of posts : 3363
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Tank Weak Spots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Weak Spots   Tank Weak Spots Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:05 am

Thanks for all the info but i don't see any pics with hit boxes, at the link you provided.
Back to top Go down
docabn

docabn

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-18

Tank Weak Spots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Weak Spots   Tank Weak Spots Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:24 am

Mario,

On the bottom there are buttons one should say vulnerbilities click that button to see the target spots. Not all tanks are listed with vulnerabilities.
Back to top Go down
=[C]=MARIO=[C]=
Lord of The Bans
=[C]=MARIO=[C]=

Number of posts : 3363
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Tank Weak Spots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Weak Spots   Tank Weak Spots Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 am

Ah i see, thanks!

btw.: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tank Weak Spots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Weak Spots   Tank Weak Spots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tank Weak Spots
Page 1 of 1