The Company Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Company Clan Forums

Clan Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cpt._Buttwipes

Cpt._Buttwipes

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Empty
PostSubject: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Im about $800K off from getting a Tiger 2 just wondering if it's worth it or not. I have been playing the free version and without a premium account it has been one long ass haul.

Tiger is a bitch of a pig but not too bad overall...
Back to top Go down
=[C]=BCPull
=[C]=Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=BCPull

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I personally hate spending time in T4 and T7 tanks just because I think they get screwed on matchmaking, so there's that.

I don't play the German heavies, so take my thoughts with a huge grain of salt.

You're mostly going to improve your armor with the upgrade. Your speed & maneuverability drop, your gun improvements are okay (22 extra pen is nice, your DPM is the same but better alpha), and you lose some camo (but honestly, it doesn't make that much of a difference on a heavy; bushes etc matter way more). The extra gun depression, turret armor, and penetration makes you an even better sniper, but I suspect brawling is still usually a bad idea.

A *big* factor for playing without premium and upgrading is the shell cost. You'll be paying 4x as much for your ammo in the Tiger II, and the shells sure don't do 4x as much damage. If making money is an issue, you might end up needing to spend more time grinding tier 5 for credits.
Back to top Go down
http://bcpull.co.nf
=[C]=BurntoutHippie
Diplomatic Asshole!
=[C]=BurntoutHippie

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Honestly, i was VERY disappointed in the Tiger II. I have found the best tanks to be the Russian, American and Chinese medium lines. In my opinion the armor is pretty much rendered useless by the larger russian guns. The IS-3 has a 122mm gun, compared to the 105 you get on the Tiger II. The American counter part, the T-32 can tear a Tiger II apart and never get hurt if he catches the Tiger while the T-32 is in a hull down position. And the Chinese counterparts are nothing more then the russian line with a few modifications including better firepower and better armor. Imagine running into a Type-59 if it were a heavy instead of a medium but had the same badass attributes as the medium version. That's exactly how to compare the Chinese Tier8 to the Tiger II.

In Reality the Tiger II was a badass bitch on the battle field, but after playing for 2 years and over 11,000 battles i have seen the German tanks get more nerfs than any other nation. This game is made in Russia and the ill feelings that the russians have harbored towards the Germans since WWII come through in this game as making the German line the least appealing once you start to get into the upper levels of the game.

-Hippie
Back to top Go down
=[C]=BCPull
=[C]=Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=BCPull

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Building on what Hippie said about bias --

For clan wars in NA, the favored tanks are
Mediums: Batchat 25t, T-62A
Heavies: T110E5, T57, E100
TDs: Obj 268, AMX50F155, T110E3

That's 2 French, 3 USA, 2 USSR, 1 German. There's a lot of reasons for that (preference for autoloaders, high use of gold rounds), but generally the thought is that most German tier 10 tanks have a better version of themselves in another nation's armory.

The tank I've had the most fun driving so far is the AMX 13 75. That whole line is nice, actually -- AMX 40 is a tier 4 heavy, ELC AMX is ridiculously small & fast (you can park under some tanks' guns and they can't aim low enough to hit you), and the high tier tanks are amazing autoloaders.

If you like a more sniper playstyle (guessing this only because of the Tiger), the Brit medium line might be good to try too.
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Xd_rifles
PR Team Member
=[C]=Xd_rifles

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:32 pm

AMX 40 is the medium follow up tank to the AMX 38. Both are so slow, pond water moves faster.
Back to top Go down
=[C]=BCPull
=[C]=Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=BCPull

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Ah -- I meant only that it plays like a heavy (as opposed to being one), which would be unexpected given the line and the fact that it's classified as a "light" tank in-game.

The slow speed is so worth it for that AMX40 armor.
Back to top Go down
Cpt._Buttwipes

Cpt._Buttwipes

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks for the input fellas. Yeah I like to snipe but I'll get up close and personal if need be. Never really thought out what to play, just kinda winged it and ended up with a tiger lol. I have an arty account that I haven't played in ages as well. Think it's up around tier 5ish...

I'll keep grinding my 3601 for cash and start thinking about what other route to go.
Back to top Go down
Cpt._Buttwipes

Cpt._Buttwipes

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Thought about it more over the weekend, still couldn't decide. Is there a tank we need in the clan? I have about 1.9 million bucks sitting in my account and could try and just build up to a certain vehicle if someone want's to tell me what tree and tanks to follow along the way.
Back to top Go down
Cpt._Buttwipes

Cpt._Buttwipes

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:17 am

Started a T82 this morning. Kinda fun and completely different from playing a tiger. Now if I can only get used to playing this way...
Back to top Go down
=[C]=BCPull
=[C]=Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=BCPull

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:45 pm

The rumor is that in 0.8.6, the 105mm HEAT round is going to get a penetration nerf -- you might want to play with that while you still can, it's great fun.

I stopped the US TD line at the Hellcat, half because the Hellcat was so much fun I didn't want to move away from it and half because I wanted to spend my money elsewhere. It's a great TD to try to get.
Back to top Go down
Cpt._Buttwipes

Cpt._Buttwipes

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I'll play the T82 for a while to see if I can deal with the TD line at all. If I can get used to the playing difference maybe I'll shoot for the Hellcat.

Maybe i should also try a medium tank. Could be a bit of fun...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?   Tiger 2 worth the upgrade? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger 2 worth the upgrade?
Page 1 of 1