The Company Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Company Clan Forums

Clan Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this good speed?

Go down 
+18
Baloo
crazytink
PrivateLick
Semper_[Fi]-LSG
=[C]=ZAPPY=[C]=
=[C]=PAPITOMONO
=[C]=Xd_rifles
=[C]=Got-it
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=
Mark
=[C]=sixpack1977
=[C]=Bosse777=[C]=
=[C]=Zapicles
=[C]=Gaz
=[C]= MrCDub
=[C]=IXE=[C]=
{S@NDM@N}-ACI-
gosmall
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gosmall

gosmall

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Is this good speed? Empty
PostSubject: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:15 pm

My new cable modem... Is this good speed? 737379

Is this good speed? NCAA

I wish. Time Warner is providing the internet for the NCAA Tourney at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse and I just turned up the connection. This was on a Mac today. I couldn't get over 55 Mb down with a windows box... Fuck you Mr. Gates...
Back to top Go down
{S@NDM@N}-ACI-

{S@NDM@N}-ACI-

Number of posts : 3369
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:16 pm

fuck you gary..

now can you come to my house and fix this shit?
Back to top Go down
gosmall

gosmall

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Don't you have Socialized Internet up there, too?
Back to top Go down
=[C]=IXE=[C]=

=[C]=IXE=[C]=

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:36 pm

=[C]={S@NDM@N}-ACI- wrote:
fuck you gary..

now can you come to my house and fix this shit?

e can wait ... help Sammy & Gaz first Is this good speed? Lol Is this good speed? Lol
Back to top Go down
=[C]= MrCDub

=[C]= MrCDub

Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

fuck, thats total bullshit!
Back to top Go down
gosmall

gosmall

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:36 pm

=[C]= MrCDub wrote:
fuck, thats total bullshit!

Not when you're directly connected to off the Road Runner core. Is this good speed? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Gaz

=[C]=Gaz

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:47 pm

LOL yeah me first me first!!!
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Zapicles

=[C]=Zapicles

Number of posts : 1622
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:07 am

Is this good speed? Lol Your a fucking hacker! Is this good speed? Lol Now the only way that you got those speeds was testing the backbone of your network.. Fiiber! The fastest! That feeds your plant, customers, company! Cable speed is around 60 MBps, but yet that pipe is not opened to the public for speed! it the back bone speed we tested for Home use.... Not the speed that the Home gets but we are capable of reaching 60 MBps, Depending on the customers Docsis version of modems.. We are currently implimeting Docsis 3 Modems... So as I said! Your a Hacker... and as of Yet there are No Providers offering that sort of speed!

Hacker!
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Zapicles

=[C]=Zapicles

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:20 am

Is this good speed? 753734290

I am a test center.. Smile... My system is tweed, my cable levels are optimum.. and I am also a Broad Band Technician 4 .. next step would be line.. blanceing the system plant.. Smile

Hacker Is this good speed? Lol
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Bosse777=[C]=

=[C]=Bosse777=[C]=

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:35 am

Is this good speed? 753742768

and last week it was 24.5mbps

pay $60 mo for it
Back to top Go down
=[C]=sixpack1977

=[C]=sixpack1977

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:43 am

FUCKING PHOTOSHOPPERS!!!!

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:30 am

Zapicles wrote:
Is this good speed? 753734290

I am a test center.. Smile... My system is tweed, my cable levels are optimum.. and I am also a Broad Band Technician 4 .. next step would be line.. blanceing the system plant.. Smile

Hacker Is this good speed? Lol
If you think that's good you should see what they can get in homes in Holland you can get a down speed of 120Mb/s and 10Mb/s up Is this good speed? Affraid Dam them I only have 30 Sad
Back to top Go down
=[C]= MrCDub

=[C]= MrCDub

Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:35 am

you all can SUCK MY DICK !
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Bosse777=[C]=

=[C]=Bosse777=[C]=

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:14 am

1-888-get charter, and mine is wireless thru a new belkin n+ router
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Gaz

=[C]=Gaz

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 am

Is this good speed? 754064239 this is mine at the moment Very Happy *butts into convo*
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Bosse777=[C]=

=[C]=Bosse777=[C]=

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am

thats good gaz!
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Gaz

=[C]=Gaz

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 am

hehehe its probably behaving because Im sick and can't play any aa Sad
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=
=[C]=TWL Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=

Number of posts : 2883
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:27 pm

when the techs were here a few weeks ago hooking up the digital phone they were saying they had been working on the system to get things ready for 100 mbps speeds for home users.

im not that crazy about this modem, its an Arris Touchstone telephony modem but it dpoes at least have battery backup if the power goes out we can still have phone.

is there any firmware upgrades or something i can get to throttle my speed up a bit?

btw im not direct hook to the modem, i pass through a cheap netgear router so Lisa and step daughter can have wioreless

Is this good speed? 754199305
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657101831&ref=pro
=[C]=Got-it
Chief Financial Officer
=[C]=Got-it

Number of posts : 5234
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:32 pm

How the Fuck did i got all those Kills!? Lucky Shots!? LMAO!!!

Is this good speed? 754333640
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Zapicles

=[C]=Zapicles

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:01 pm

=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]= wrote:
when the techs were here a few weeks ago hooking up the digital phone they were saying they had been working on the system to get things ready for 100 mbps speeds for home users.

im not that crazy about this modem, its an Arris Touchstone telephony modem but it dpoes at least have battery backup if the power goes out we can still have phone.

is there any firmware upgrades or something i can get to throttle my speed up a bit?

btw im not direct hook to the modem, i pass through a cheap netgear router so Lisa and step daughter can have wioreless

Is this good speed? 754199305

You can try a firmware upgrade for the router, it might help. I would try a speed test (Direct Connect to the Modem) then try one with the router.

I used to have a 4 port router (Linksys) tried the Firmware upgrade as I was getting 20 + directly through the Modem, but only 11 through the router. Found out the router couldn't handle the speed, so I got the Linksys Wireless N Gigahertz for about 130 bucks, and now am getting the same speed throuhg the router. Plus I can also connect about 3 houses away down the road for the wireless connection so the range is also a lot better too.
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=
=[C]=TWL Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=

Number of posts : 2883
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:11 pm

i might gain from a new router. using one of them $20 Netgear Wireless G ones. Lisa always bitching the internet hangs so is something to consider. i wish they made cable modems with 2 LAN ports so i can hook direct through that, then 2nd one to the router.

oh,, do them expensive gold series LAN cables make a difference?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657101831&ref=pro
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:08 pm

=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]= wrote:
i might gain from a new router. using one of them $20 Netgear Wireless G ones. Lisa always bitching the internet hangs so is something to consider. i wish they made cable modems with 2 LAN ports so i can hook direct through that, then 2nd one to the router.

oh,, do them expensive gold series LAN cables make a difference?
To be honest once you go over 5mb+ your not going to notice any significant change with gold plated cables, if you get a new router I'd suggest this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190
It's a very good router as it is and if you really wanted to add more to it there's 3rd party firmware called dd-wrt which adds a LOT more. Unless all your wireless connections are capable of N just go with the G router.
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Xd_rifles
PR Team Member
=[C]=Xd_rifles

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:14 pm

I just found out that my router was choking my speed down, quite a bit. Since I'm running Vista, I'd have to cough up $130 for a new router that will work with it.
Back to top Go down
=[C]=PAPITOMONO

=[C]=PAPITOMONO

Number of posts : 4024
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Nice David...
Back to top Go down
=[C]=ZAPPY=[C]=

Number of posts : 1221
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:41 pm

This is funny. My new connection is an apartment complex with internet provided to the apartment. It's just a wall ethernet connection. It's college apartments.

Is this good speed? 754518057

the funny thing is. I don't seem to lag in game with this new computer.....and my ping is always above 60 fps, and with my old PC I was 10-19 fps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this good speed?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next