The Company Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Company Clan Forums

Clan Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this good speed?

Go down 
+18
Baloo
crazytink
PrivateLick
Semper_[Fi]-LSG
=[C]=ZAPPY=[C]=
=[C]=PAPITOMONO
=[C]=Xd_rifles
=[C]=Got-it
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=
Mark
=[C]=sixpack1977
=[C]=Bosse777=[C]=
=[C]=Zapicles
=[C]=Gaz
=[C]= MrCDub
=[C]=IXE=[C]=
{S@NDM@N}-ACI-
gosmall
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=
=[C]=TWL Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=

Number of posts : 2883
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Is this good speed? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:16 pm

i get the speeds im getting off what they call a "bucket" im paying for 6mbps, but based on traffic on my node, if theres more bandwidth available, i can use it. i live in hillbillyville. very few people near me, let alone internet users.

thats a sweet lookin router Mark and yes the Laptops in the house are Wireless G capable. and Yes David,, it will work with Vista. it even works with Win 7. its the same router they sell at walmart (i know you shuddered) for $70

Steve, youre sharing your connection with everyone else in that building. and ping isnt FPS. youre getting higher FPS cause of new video card you got also faster processor and more memory.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657101831&ref=pro
Semper_[Fi]-LSG

Semper_[Fi]-LSG

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:21 pm

if you want to watch the tourny then go to ncaa.com its free to watch
Back to top Go down
http://www.303rdlsg.com
=[C]=Gaz

=[C]=Gaz

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:25 pm

I just hook the thingy in the thingy, then take turn on my laptop, and internets happen!!!!11!

My router has got to be the crappiest ever, but im cheap and won't buy a cool one...yet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Xd_rifles
PR Team Member
=[C]=Xd_rifles

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:44 pm

I'd actually have to get this one, Dick, for it to work at optimal performance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124332
Back to top Go down
PrivateLick

PrivateLick

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Dick, i hate to upset up but you are the one that bitches about ANYTHING that fucks up on a puter.. so with that statement, i will say bye bye....what a silly major willy head.lol
Back to top Go down
gosmall

gosmall

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 pm

=[C]=Xd_rifles wrote:
I just found out that my router was choking my speed down, quite a bit. Since I'm running Vista, I'd have to cough up $130 for a new router that will work with it.

Unless you are on a crappy low signal wireless, it may not be your router. Your max throughput is dependant on the smallest bandwidth in your network. If you have a 802.11B wireless router connected at 11 Mbps but your internet connection is only 5 Mbs, you'll never get higher than 5 Mbps. Also, a router doesn't care what OS is connected to it...

Also, try this.

http://www.gosmall.com/AA/NIC.pdf

We are rolling out Docsis 3 and this is what we have to run to get the 50Mbps+ speeds.
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Xd_rifles
PR Team Member
=[C]=Xd_rifles

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:56 am

=[C]=GoSmall=[C]= wrote:
=[C]=Xd_rifles wrote:
I just found out that my router was choking my speed down, quite a bit. Since I'm running Vista, I'd have to cough up $130 for a new router that will work with it.

Unless you are on a crappy low signal wireless, it may not be your router. Your max throughput is dependant on the smallest bandwidth in your network. If you have a 802.11B wireless router connected at 11 Mbps but your internet connection is only 5 Mbs, you'll never get higher than 5 Mbps. Also, a router doesn't care what OS is connected to it...

Also, try this.

http://www.gosmall.com/AA/NIC.pdf

We are rolling out Docsis 3 and this is what we have to run to get the 50Mbps+ speeds.

Thanks for the info, but I'm running 64bit Vista, not 32 bit XP and my router is a Linksys BEFSR41 ver 2. The reason that I know that the router was choking my speed is I tested it, after bypassing it, and the slowest speed I got was from LA, on speedtest.net @ 7.28mbps. Chicago, St. Louis and Atlanta, I got 10mbps, which is my speed.
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=
=[C]=TWL Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:46 am

my router is 3 years old, im running Vista 64, lisa running vista 32 and step daughter is running win 7 64bit
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:34 am

=[C]=Xd_rifles wrote:

Thanks for the info, but I'm running 64bit Vista, not 32 bit XP and my router is a Linksys BEFSR41 ver 2. The reason that I know that the router was choking my speed is I tested it, after bypassing it, and the slowest speed I got was from LA, on speedtest.net @ 7.28mbps. Chicago, St. Louis and Atlanta, I got 10mbps, which is my speed.
Never use a speed test site to check how fast your connection, go to an ftp site in the US and start a download on a large file, let it run for a few seconds and see how high it goes, here's one in Indianapolis http://ftp.us.debian.org/100m_testfile

=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]= wrote:
my router is 3 years old, im running Vista 64, lisa running vista 32 and step daughter is running win 7 64bit
The daughter got the better deal I see Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
gosmall

gosmall

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:48 am

=[C]=Xd_rifles wrote:

Heh. My gaming PC is running off a Hotbrick Dual WAN Firewall Router LB-2. The rest off my house and wireless is off the Linksys BEFSR41 ver 2. I do see a difference too.Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Xd_rifles
PR Team Member
=[C]=Xd_rifles

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:16 pm

Mark wrote:
=[C]=Xd_rifles wrote:

Never use a speed test site to check how fast your connection, go to an ftp site in the US and start a download on a large file, let it run for a few seconds and see how high it goes, here's one in Indianapolis http://ftp.us.debian.org/100m_testfile

The daughter got the better deal I see Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_lol

Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol

404 error.................... Is this good speed? - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Try again next time your on it works fine for me and I'm just a little bit further away then you are Laughing
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Xd_rifles
PR Team Member
=[C]=Xd_rifles

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Mark wrote:
Try again next time your on it works fine for me and I'm just a little bit further away then you are Laughing

HTTP 404 page not found, just as I said the first time Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Lol they took the file down Very Happy use this link they won't take this one down http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian-cdimage/5.0.4-live/i386/iso-cd/debian-live-504-i386-gnome-desktop.iso
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=
=[C]=TWL Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:00 pm

that one is 404 too
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:01 pm

.....just clicked it there and it's fine for me, maybe your broadband provider doesn't want you to know you real speed Laughing
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Xd_rifles
PR Team Member
=[C]=Xd_rifles

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:08 pm

usual format for ftp sites is: ftp://ftp.blahblah.com for IE
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=
=[C]=TWL Anti-Cheat Team
=[C]=Maj_Dick=[C]=

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:03 pm

went to link David and it asked me for a PW
Back to top Go down
=[C]=PAPITOMONO

=[C]=PAPITOMONO

Number of posts : 4024
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Suck me all, i can still kick some ass on AA with this Beaner connection...

Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol Is this good speed? - Page 2 Lol

Is this good speed? - Page 2 755721402
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Xd_rifles
PR Team Member
=[C]=Xd_rifles

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:46 am

went to link David and it asked me for a PW

Mark's link does not work for me. I keep getting a HTTP 404 page not found error.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 am

Ah feck debian, use google and find an ftp download near you it'll be faster then waiting for them to sort out their server, maybe their finding it odd that someone in Ireland is trying to get a file from them Laughing
Back to top Go down
=[C]=Gaz

=[C]=Gaz

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:00 pm

=[C]=PAPITOMONO wrote:

No fair!! I'll just blame it on the cat, as to why i suck so bad at AA....

I don't have a cat though
Back to top Go down
=[C]=PAPITOMONO

=[C]=PAPITOMONO

Number of posts : 4024
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:02 pm

pn^Gaz wrote:
=[C]=PAPITOMONO wrote:

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
crazytink

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Haha! Shame on those who get killed by me!

Is this good speed? - Page 2 757454344
Back to top Go down
=[C]= MrCDub

=[C]= MrCDub

Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:38 pm

pn^Gaz wrote:
=[C]=PAPITOMONO wrote:

I beg to differ.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this good speed?   Is this good speed? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this good speed?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next